BlueStacks is one of the first and the most reliable Android Emulators created for Windows. Recently, BlueStacks has got major changes in the underlying technology and has launched Bluestacks 3 (also known as Bluestacks Gaming Platform) which provides a lot of customization and options for Gamer who play Android Games Windows PC with smooth gaming experience. Here I am going to show you how to root BlueStacks 2, BlueStacks 3 and BlueStacks 3N.
We will root BlueStacks with BS Tweaker 5 (5.6.0) beta. BlueStacks Tweaker is a tool developed by Anatoly79 (he gets all the credit) for modifying BlueStacks 2, 3, 3N and 4. It can be used to root BlueStacks, get premium BlueStacks for free, to disable promo ads icon on BlueStacks, to remove banner, to remove App Center & Help Center in BlueStacks 3 & 4 and many more tweaks.
Supported BlueStacks Versions
We can root BlueStacks 2 & 3 (2.5.xx – 4.3.xx). It also works with newer BlueStacks 3N.
- BlueStacks installed on your Windows PC/laptop. Download and install BlueStacks if it not already installed from here.
- Download BlueStacks Tweaker 5. (Contains BS Tweaker and SuperSU 2.79)
How to Root BlueStacks 2, 3 & 4
- Extract the downloaded BS Tweaker 5
- Open BlueStacks Tweaker.exe
- Start BlueStacks from Main tab if it is not already started.
- Wait BlueStacks to start completely.
- Go to Helpers tab in BS Tweaker, you will see Root for BlueStacks option.
- Click on Patch and you BlueStacks is rooted, now you need to install SuperSu 2.79
- If you do not see Patch option there may be Unlock option. So Full Stop BS from Main, and Unlock then again start the BlueStacks and Patch for root.
- Now got to BlueStacks and click on Install apk (right bottom in BS 3) to manually install SuperSU. Install Supersuer.apk you extracted. (we are installing SuperSU 2.79 because latest SuperSU from play store is not working)
- After installing open SuperSU, select Expert user when asked. It will ask to update the SuperSU binary select continue and select the Normal mode. After updating binary su click on ok (reboot will not work since it is not a android mobile).
- Now your BlueStacks is completely rooted. You can check root status with root checker app available at play store. If you want to update SuperSU now you can do so.
To disable App Center & Help Center in BlueStacks open BSTweaker, go to OEM tab and disable them.
Although this screenshots are from BSTweaker 3, BSTweaker 4 has similar interface. I was lazy to update screenshots.
If you need apps/games run faster in emulator but the performance is not good in your low spec PC, then you can try Android OS instead of emulator. Android OS(s) are OS for PC that can be installed in PC(s) and use them like emulators. The different is that in emulator you can only have some resources left for android while installing Android in PC(s) gives Android full resources. That’s why emulator is slow. There are many Android OS. Some well known are Phoenix OS, Remix OS and Android-x86. You can try any of them in your PC.