CodeBlocks is mostly used opensource IDE due its great features. CodeBlocks is lightweight and easy to use, it loads code much more faster than that of Eclipse. Becoming opensource it is also available for Linux and is free to download and use. It is best IDE for beginners, who wants to learn Fortran, C and C++ and for creating small projects. However for large projects CodeBlocks may not be good.
CodeBlocks comes with light theme which is white, if you want to install dark themes here is the process. In the internet there may be many other process that may bother you and is difficult also.
Available CodeBlocks Themes
- son of obsidian
- dark gray
- bright yello
- espresso libre
- modnokai coffee
- modnokai night shift
- modnokai night shift v2
- slush n poppies
- solarized dark
- solarized light
Watch this video to learn how to install dark themes in CodeBlocks
If you are having trouble installing CodeBlocks theme see this instructions:
First you need to download the themes, download it from here: CodeBlocks Theme. Then extract it on the desktop. Close the CodeBlocks application before opening CB Share Config. CB Share Config is small tool that installs along with CodeBlocks. It can be found in Program list.
- Open CB Share Config
- Browser Destination Configuration file which is in right side.
- Select default.conf
- Browse Source Configuration file which is in left side.
- Select the downloaded default.conf
- Tick all the checkbox that appeared in source configuration file, which is in right side.
- Click on Transfer and then Save, and then Close.
- Now open CodeBlocks, goto Settings>>Editor>>Syntax Highlighting and then Color Themes.
If it is not working just replace the original default.conf located in C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks with the downloaded one.