Code::Blocks is mostly used opensource IDE due its great features. Code::Blocks is lightweight and easy to use. Becoming opensource it is also available for Linux and is free to download and use. It is best IDE for beginners, who wants to learn C, C++ and FORTRAN and for creating small projects. However for large projects Code::Blocks may not be good.
Code::Blocks comes with light theme by default and not all users like it. There is no option to change the editor theme is Code::Blocks however we can change it manually. Here is how to install Code::Blocks themes.
Theme download link is given at the end of this post.
Available Code::Blocks Themes
- son of obsidian
- dark gray
- bright yello
- espresso libre
- modnokai coffee
- modnokai night shift
- modnokai night shift v2
- slush n poppies
- solarized dark
- solarized light
Watch this video to learn how to install dark themes in CodeBlocks
If you are having trouble installing CodeBlocks theme see this instructions:
First you need to download the themes, download it from here: Code::Blocks Theme. Then extract it on the desktop. Close the CodeBlocks application before opening CB Share Config. CB Share Config is small tool that installs along with CodeBlocks. It can be found in Program list.
- Open CodeBlock Share Config
- Browser Destination Configuration file which is in right side.
- Select default.conf
- Browse Source Configuration file which is in left side.
- Select the downloaded theme.conf
- Tick all the checkbox that appeared in source configuration file, which is in right side. (You can use space)
- Click on Transfer and then Save, and then Close.
- Now open CodeBlocks, goto Settings>>Editor>>Syntax Highlighting and then Color Themes.
Open CB Share Config using:
$ cb_share_config. Then follow the above steps for windows.
Tips: If you don’t have default.conf file inside CodeBlocks directory try creating a project, it will be generated.