Samsung’s Galaxy J2 SM-J200H is a budget phone with 1.3 GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 Spreadtrum sc8830 chipset and Mali 400 GPU. It has 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage. It comes with a 4.7″ screen and 540 x 960 pixel display. The primary camera is 5MP and the selfie camera is 2MP. There is a 2000 mAh battery with Accelerometer and Proximity Sensor.
Xposed Framework is the most powerful tool for Android that allows to modify an Android Mobile as user’s choice. You don’t like your old android mobile, don’t worry you can make your mobile more interesting. Xposed has ability to alter base files of android hence has the ability to change android UI, fonts, application behaviors as well as your mobile’s behaviors. You can theme and customize your android mobile using Xposed Framework.
Installing Xposed Framework requires a rooted mobile phone. In this article we are not going to discuss about rooting Samsung Galaxy J2. To root Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200H / J23G) read this article – How I Rooted Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200H). If you have already rooted Samsung Galaxy J2 then you can follow the remaining steps.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200H / J23G). Not rooted yet? Root it here – How I Rooted Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200H).
- Xposed Installer (XposedInstaller_3.1.4.apk): It is an android application that manages Xposed installation and its modules, allows to download, activate and deactivate modules. You can also read the original thread at XDA-Developers.
- Xposed Framework (xposed-v87.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20161125.zip): This is the most important part we are going to install. Samsung uses heavily modified ROMs than stock, due to this official Xposed Framework is available for Samsung mobiles. However unofficial Xposed Framework are available which are maintained by wanam, a developer from XDA. All collection of Xposed Framework for Samsung is available here. Original thread is available at XDA-Developers.
- Xposed Uninstaller (xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip): In case you bricked your mobile by installing incompatible Xposed.
After downloading all the required file you are ready to install Xposed Framework in Samsung Galaxy J2 / SM-J200H.
- Install Xposed Installer App
- Copy xposed-v87.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20161125.zip and xposed-uninstaller-20160211.zip in your SD card.
- Boot Galaxy J2 / SM-J200H to custom recovery (TWRP or CWM)
- Make a Nandroid Backup (Recommended)
- Flash xposed-v87.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20161125.zip
- Reboot and wait, it may take several minutes to boot up depending on your ROM size.
Working Xposed Modules for Samsung Galaxy J200H (J23G)
- AdBlocker Reborn
- Lucky Patcher
- Advanced Power Menu+ (AMP+)
- YouTube Background Playback (not available in Xposed Repo, download from here)
- Flat Style Bar Indicators